The Great Gardens of Italy
26 April – 10 May 2018
8,390 AUD per person (twin share)
9,380 AUD per person (solo travellers)
From classical marvels to Renaissance mastery to just sheer beauty, come along and let Italy work its magic. This spring tour is for both the avid horticulturists and for those who just want to add another dimension to their Italian experience, with guided garden visits with local experts and general sightseeing as well as excellent food and wine. We visit some wonderful villas and there is free time to see museums and other sights that aren’t strictly gardens.
Highlights of the tour:
- Il Giardino di Ninfa – described as the most romantic garden in the world
- Guided visits to the Papal gardens in Rome and at Castel Gandolfo, the Pope’s summer palace
- A private visit of the gardens of the Marquis Vieri Torrigiani Malaspina in Florence
- A visit to the family-run Al Rocol vineyard in the Franciacorta region to learn about (and try!) this important champagne-style wine
- Our time spent on the Italian Lakes and, in particular, heavenly Bellagio!
- Delicious meals, many of them in Slow Food restaurants
We stay in just four bases on this tour with four nights in Rome, four nights in Florence, three nights in Verona and three nights in Bellagio, on Lake Como. We generally stay in four-star hotels, or very good, boutique three star hotels. Five lunches and five dinners are included in restaurants chosen for their authenticity and local cuisine. All entry fees to attractions in the itinerary are included as well as local, expert guides and all transfers in private air-conditioned buses.
Read the full itinerary by clicking the days on the right, or download the itinerary below.