The Road Less Travelled – Puglia – 2018
15 – 28 May 2018 OR
16 -29 September 2018
AUD 7,950 per person (twin share)
AUD 8,900 per person (solo traveller)
This small group tour of Puglia travels all over this wonderful region in Southern Italy and really gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the Pugliese culture. You’ll be able to admire the art and architecture of the region in the cities like Bari and Lecce and have the opportunity to wander around the picturesque small towns, but also to see first-hand the local agricultural life with visits to family-run wineries and farms.
Highlights of the tour:
- The over-the-top Baroque architecture of the town of Lecec
- Exploring the gorgeous coastlines of Puglia
- Quiet mornings wandering the streets of pretty towns like Martina Franca and Locorotondo
- Long lunches trying the local produce at family-run farms and wineries
- The MARTA museum – one of the best collections of Messapic, Greek and Roman artefacts
- Private boat trip and beach picnic on the Gargano coast
We’ll be staying in just four hotels over the 14 days to ensure we minimise the time spent packing and moving. Our bases for the tour are Lecce (3 nights), the Valle d’Itria (4 nights), Polignano a Mare (3 nights) and Mattinata (3 nights).
Read the full itinerary by clicking on the days on the right, or download via the button below.